Monday, December 15, 2008

Sigh

Well it's been awhile since I wrote. Not only do I find it hard to find the time to do this, but I can't write when I feel someone is watching over my shoulder. Anyway, there are tons of updates but none of it makes sense....what do I mean? I mean no one is agreeing on much.

I thought that I had this beaten with the meds I am on. I however am experiencing more and more pain with each day. My hand seems to be pretty sore at night again, and I wake up with such stiff sore fingers and the burning night and morning. Sometimes if I do to much it happens during the day as well. I tried to explain to the doctor but failed she did not understand.....I have a neurologist appt the end of Jan and I believe they are doing a nerve conduction test....lucky me I have no idea this sits aweful with my fear of doctors....

I am lucky in that I have made some contacts with others who have rsd, I can talk to them without having to explain things...it's wonderful. One girl in particular I talk with is so much help and valueable information I quickly am finding her a friend. For this I am extremely grateful....thank you Cheryl. She not only "gets" me but has advice too. She listens and I hope she finds me as good an ear as I find her.

I swear it's tiring having to explain. This truly is an invisible diability...I cannot tell you the number of times people especially those in the medical field, assume I am fine because I appear on first glance to be that way. Very very frusterating. Right now we are talking of me returning to modified duties at work. I still have hope that I will put this in remission, I'm just no longer sure how realistic I am being.....I don't know anything really anymore.....

1 comment:

  1. Hugs. I too have RSD and just hit my 2 year mark. Finding the people who have it and who understand is what really helps us get through this with our heads slightly above water.

    Always pain free hugs.

    I have a list of other sites dedicated to RSD. If you go to http://AfflictedWithRSD.com click on Additional Support and go to the forum - No sign up required, just a list of various blogs, forums, informational, just different kinds of sites and places to get help from.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template