Monday, November 17, 2008

A new day

Have taken meds tonight; feeling a bit foggy so hopefully this works okay. I had physio this morning, it was a good morning. I was able to almost lay my hand flat! Also I was very exited; I think for about 20 mins or so I had very little pain, it was amazing! Of course that changed but still for a few moments I felt "normal".

Tonight the pain is worse, alot of stabs and I fear my arm is starting to suffer as well. My forearm and the elbow are now aching, hopefully that's just from use??

But as I sat here tonight feeling kind of bad my best friend phoned me. She had a story. Tonight she took her children out to Mcdonalds, now in this restaurant there is a fireplace. Next to the fireplace sat an older man. She said it was obvious he was there to warm up. During her meal there she noticed he would nod off then wake. He would look around at her family and others eating their meals and she couldn't help but wonder if he too was hungry. Before she left with her children she noticed he had nodded off again, on her way out she placed a coffee and two muffins in front of him. As she got in her vehicle with her children she saw this man awake and look around in wonder, he then folded his hands in prayer and began to eat his muffin.

I sit here with worry for my future, but also with a great appreciation for what I have. The prayer of an old man over a simple muffin......what a lesson to be learned.

I am thankful for my faith, for with my faithful eyes I can see prayers answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template