Thursday, July 23, 2009

Honestly does it ever end?

Well things were looking up as far as workers comp went....lol what was I thinking. I received a letter that made no sense so I called the fair workers comp line thingy..... Well although my worker is doing all she can. It looks like there isn;t much hope.

I am entitled to only a job paying what I was making or would have made at this job. My boss lied and said there were no raises and no advancements so that makes it far less than it's actual potential. Now not to mention the fact that I was registered in welding classes and could not go (noticed I said registered not thinking about it) because of this injury but that means nothing either.... Now the dumb part is if I take a retarted minumum wage job they will make up the difference....to a percentage of course....no potential, no future, just crappy job and crappy future.....but they will make it up. Is it just me? How the hell does that make any sense??? Sending me to school to do something with potential and that would take me right out of wcb, wouldn't that make more sense? I'm not talking about taking a seven year course or anything, but just something short and with potential. Yes it might still happen but I've been told not likley. Geez I hope this is all wrong information and I can get further.

How is it that someone like me who wants so much to work and go forward with my life already is being forced to fight for survival by this wcb, here to help me, lol that's a laugh. I just want to do as I was doing. Fighting hard to get myself and my kids a better life, and winning! Damn.

You know the saddest part of all this, if someone had taken two seconds more of their precious time to properley cap one friggin piece of rebar, none of this would even be taking place because I would have seen it and avoided the trip that started it all. I know this is why it is called an accident but it makes you wonder how one persons skipped step could cause reprocutions that would last so darn long and impact another persons life so much.....think about that the next time you think of skipping a step to make things easier for yourself, or saying those bad hurtful words or whatever small momentary thing it may be....because you just never know who will pay, or for how long.....

hmmmm maybe I should become a workplace safety teacher lol

1 comment:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template